5 Easy Ways to Market Your Cleaning Company Online
in Cleaning Up Your Act
The one thing all businesses have in common is that they need customers to survive. Maybe you have just set up your business, designed your logo and bought shiny new carpet cleaning equipment and commercial cleaning supplies. Or perhaps you have 20 years of experience in the industry, and are looking to take things to the next level.
Whatever stage your cleaning business is at, creating and implementing a successful marketing plan is the best way to let people know about you and grow your sales.
Here are five simple strategies you can use to market your cleaning business online, whether you’re just getting started or you’re looking for a way to boost the presence of an already established company.
1. Get a great website. With the majority of customers using Google to research and find services, if you don’t have a presence online, you may as well be invisible. If you do have a website, make sure it’s up-to-date and displays well on mobile, or you risk putting potential customers off. A simple, well designed website should be the first step for any cleaning business that wants to market online.
2. Build an email list. Email may have been around for a long time but it remains one of the most effective ways to market your business. The first step to successful email marketing is to build a list. Try adding a sign-up box to your website or consider offering a free giveaway in exchange for collecting email addresses. Once you have a few subscribers, you can create a regular newsletter to keep in touch with them and promote your services.
3. Get active on social media. Social media can be a very powerful marketing tool, and it’s ideal for small and medium-sized businesses. By setting up a profile page on Facebook and other social media platforms, you can start to build a following and engage with existing and prospective customers.
4. Write a blog. Blogging is one of the most effective ways for you to increase the visibility of your website online. Google loves websites that regularly update, even if you only post once every couple of weeks. A blog is also a great way to impress potential customers and prove your expertise in your industry by answering their burning questions – from the benefits of dehumidifiers to the best way to clean an oven!
5. Advertise in online directories. Advertising in local business directories is a great way to get your name out there in your local community. There are plenty of different directories out there and many of them are free or charge only a very small fee for a basic listing.
Marketing your cleaning business may take a bit of time and effort but the results can be well worth it. Try one of these five strategies and you may be surprised at the results!