Albright 5L Aluminium Brightener & Cleaner
Albright is a powerful acidic detergent designed to quickly remove atmospheric corrosion, road grime and soils from all aluminium surfaces, various stone and cement building materials. Albright is often
used to prepare an aluminium surface before welding and to clean off the weld scale. Commonly it is used to deoxidise and brighten transport vans, boat hulls, aluminium sidings and road tankers.
Albright works quickly to restore the original lustre to the metal; it can also be used to brighten mag wheels.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Restores the original lustre to the metal
• Leaves no residual film after rinsing, reducing post weld surface preparation
• Non-flammable, making it workshop safe for application and storage
• Readily rinsible with water, for easy mixing
• Fast acting formulation, reducing cleaning time
• Concentrated cleaner making it very economical to use on large scale projects
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Regular Wash: Use Albright mixed with 1 part to 7 parts water
• Heavy-Duty Oxidation: Use Albright mixed with 1:1 with water
• Light Oxidation: Use Albright mixed with 1 part to 3 parts water
• Apply an even coat of Albright by using a non-atomizing spray, sponge or rag to the surface being treated. It is recommended to test on the surface prior to application.
• Where applicable, the application should begin on the bottom and work up.
• Allow 3 to 15 minutes. Extreme cases of corrosion require a second application.
• Agitate the surface with a stiff bristle broom where stubborn stains persist.
• After the corrosion or oxidation has been attacked sufficiently. Flush off with a hose or agitate the surface briskly with a firm bristle brush and rinse with a stream of cold water.
• Consideration must be given to the capture and disposal of wastewater.
• If in doubt refer to the local water authority.
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES ORDERING INFORMATION
Specific Gravity: 1.14 – 1.16
pH (as supplied): < 1
Water Solubility: Miscible
Appearance: Clear, colourless, strongly acidic liquid with fragrant odour.
May be corrosive to metals. Harmful if swallowed. Fatal if inhaled. Causes severe skin burns and eye
Albright contains strong acids that will affect high strength steels, glass, copper, galvanised iron and painted or anodised aluminium. Mixing and holding equipment as well as pumps, should be
fabricated from acid resistant materials. Albright will not affect most plastic surfaces. Avoid contact with the skin and avoid breathing its vapour. Contact with the eyes, even for a short period, can
cause blindness. Wear protective clothing, including rubber gloves, long trousers, long sleeve shirts and safety glasses.
FIRST AID: IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all
contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for
several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Absorb
spillage to prevent material damage.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL
Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations