Activated Carbon Filter – Defendair Hepa 500
Activated carbon removes a wide variety of compounds, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), smoke and food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors and many other noxious odors.
Combining carbon and HEPA filtration is especially effective in removing airborne soot particles and the odors they create.
(Place the Stage 2 Pre-Filter between the carbon filter and HEPA primary filter to extend the HEPA filter’s life.)
- Captures a wide variety of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including paint and paint thinners, sewer odors and many other noxious odors.
- Utilizes extruded activated carbon pellets manufactured to uniform size to ensure maximum airflow and maximum contact
- Works by adsorption – carbon’s natural ability to attract and hold gas and liquid molecules on its surface.
- Contains 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) of carbon pellets. One pound of carbon has 534,438 square yards of available surface – equivalent to 100 football fields
- Media : Extruded activated carbon pellets
- Filter frame: Reinforced cardboard frame won’t flex or leak
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtration setup for your project.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter position (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||n/a||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||10% Prefilter (F270)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||30% Prefilter (F271)||DOP Prefilter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|