Filter Primary Defender Hepa
- HEPA 500 filters combine fine particle capture with filter capacity.
- Replace prefilters whenever dust and debris accumulation is visible.
- Replace HEPA filter when change light turns on.
- The HEPA filtration standard was originally developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories.
- Note: To help prevent cross-contamination, we recommend replacing the HEPA filter after each job involving mold, sewage, or other microbial contaminants, and also after use in an environment that may contain toxic substances such as asbestos. Wear appropriate protective gear when handling contaminated filters and dispose according to local regulations
- Efficiency rating: 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles.
- Media: Synthetic fiber
- Frame: Rigid plastic
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtration setup for your project.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter position (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||n/a||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||10% Prefilter (F270)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||30% Prefilter (F271)||DOP Prefilter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|